If you have a carpet in your home, you surely must have carpet cleaning as one of the most important tasks that you have to do regularly. This is because cleaning the carpet entails a lot of hard work and effort. Carpets are great to have in your home but if you don’t know how to clean it properly then it can get dirty and filthy in a jiffy.
Carpets are exposed to all sorts of cleaning problems. Among the most troublesome cleaning problems are having all kinds of spills get on the carpet fibers. One such spill which can be problematic is having mouthwash get spilled all over the carpet resulting in a very ugly stain that is hard to remove.
While mouthwash is great in keeping your breath fresh and minty, it does nothing other than make your carpet look unattractive if you accidentally cause a big spill all over it. Mouthwash stains are tough to clean up but surely it is not something which doesn’t have a solution. If you are facing a mouthwash stain on your carpet, here are the steps that you should do in order to eliminate it completely.
• Clear up the spill on your carpet immediately – This entails removing all the loose objects and excess liquid on the carpet. Get the mouthwash bottle as soon as you can to prevent further spills and then get a paper towel and carefully absorb the spilled liquid on the carpet. Make sure you don’t rub the spill as it will only cause more problems and make it tougher to clean up.
• Next, get the materials which you will use to create a cleaning solution for the stain. You will need a teaspoon of clear ammonia and a cup of warm water. Mix the two ingredients and place the resulting solution inside a spray bottle and bring it over to the stained area of the carpet.
• Spray the mouthwash stains a couple of times using the spray bottle and then allow the cleaning solution to set for a couple of minutes. Then, get a clean white cloth or some paper towels and begin blotting the affected portion of the carpet.
• Continue doing this step until the entire mouthwash stain is removed. You may need to reapply some cleaning solution every now and then as you continue blotting the area.
• After you have cleaned up the stain, rinse the carpet with some clean water to flush out any residue. Then, dry the carpet completely using clean towels or rags.